- Read Academic Relief Package FAQs for Students. (04-03-20)
- The doors are closed, but The University Libraries are still open for business! Got questions? Ask us using our online chat! (03-31-20)
- Andrew Hamilton, Dean of Undergraduate Studies, explains changes to Spring 2020 academic policies for undergraduate students. (03-30-20)
- UNCG Gets Temporary Access to Adobe Creative Cloud, ITS News (03-24-20)
- List of spring courses being suspended beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 (03-19-20)
- Learn about available Technology and Internet Resources (03-17-20)
- For specific information on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak please visit: go.uncg.edu/coronavirus.
Campus service interruptions require us to be flexible while maintaining the same commitment to our academic studies. Whether the disruption is the result of inclement weather, a flu outbreak, or a family emergency, we need to be able to keep learning online until we’re able to return to normal campus operations. Here’s a step-by-step guide for dealing with those disruptions in your face-to-face courses.
Where to Begin
How to get started with completing your studies when transitioning to an online format.Read More
Strategies to help you be successful in the online environment.Read More
University-supported tools and other resources to support your needs.Read More
We’re here to help
ITS 6-TECH Service Desk
If you need technical help with any of the online tools at UNCG, please contact ITS 6-TECH.
Technical Support: (336) 256-TECH (8324)
6-TECH Phone: (336) 334-5000
6-TECH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have more questions about online learning, course attendance, or other topics?
Explore the Frequently Asked Questions page to find answers.More Information